Monday, December 7, 2009

It's a party.....I mean it's the best baby shower I've ever attended!!!

Welcome to the best baby shower I've ever been to! This was less of a baby shower, and more of a royal celebration! Look at all the people who came! Our house was full of special friends and family for the exceptional occasion, and we had a fantastic time.

Marc invited more people than I did! And I can't believe how many of his guy friends came. I guess they knew that if Marc was involved that we would have never ending amounts of delicious food and football ready to devour and enjoy.

There were many aspects of this party that made it uber spectacular, and this homemade cake is just one component. I love how it says both of our last names, Perry and Newhaus and gives him the number ONE. Pamela baked it and Kristi decorated it. It was better than any store-bought cake I've ever eaten and there is no tool to measure the amount of thoughtfulness included.

I need to take a moment to rave about how marvelous my friends are. The two main hostesses are my dear friends Kristi and Pamela and they went above and beyond my wildest expectations. Pamela's mom and Nori also came bright and early in the morning to help the girls set up and worked all day on taking care of everyone's needs at the party. They set everything up from beginning to end...from the first guest's arrival to the final guest's departure. They didn't miss a single detail and worked their butts off all day long.

First of all, the decorations were phenomenal! The center pieces on the tables were the most adorable teddy bears. Each bear was dressed as a sports icon related to Marc or me. Each bear wore a jersey onesie that will ultimately be for the baby. Representing were the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, and Dodgers, and each bear held an array of balloons. So now little Perry Newhaus has more teddy bears than he ever could have dreamt of loving. My friends clearly put hours upon hours of thought and preparation into the sports-themed extravaganza. It was AWESOME!!!!


I just can't say enough good things. Marc and his friends had a great time despite the fact that they were technically at a baby shower. Between football and friends, I think it's safe to say they were feeling festive and fortunate. My mom was thoroughly impressed by our wonderful friends. And I was completely flabbergasted that all these people would do so much for us.

By the conclusion of the shindig, I was so overwhelmed and exhausted that I kicked off my heels and plopped down with all my new sporty companions. What could be more comforting at the end of the suaire. I was beat and I hadn't even done any of the real work. It's a tough job to have fun at your own party. Hahaha! I don't expect to get any sympathy there!

Now it's the calm after the storm and I get to relax for a minute. We have many magnificent baby gifts to organize before I start sending out thank you notes. This is the fun part because everyone spoiled us rotten with kindness and generosity. The yankees won out with the most common gifted sports theme, so it looks like our little one is predisposed to be a yankee just like Daddy Marc and Grandpa Bernie.

I hope all my friends and family know how grateful and appreciative I am for so much love and support. Thank you to all of you for being the best of the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment