Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America!


Today, July 4th, was the most spectacular day of the year. No, seriously. It was perfect.

It suddenly occurred to me that Independence Day is one of the best days of the year every single year. Not just because there isn't a single cloud in the sky... Not because I get my first tan of the year... Not because we got to see a fantastic firework show (or three)... Not because we got to eat yummy guacamole and gooey chocolate cake... And definitely not even because I get to enjoy the beautiful beach with my baby after a full night's sleep (double score)....

Oh, nevermind. It is because of all these reasons....And more. As far as I'm concerned July 4th marks the beginning of summer. And that's why I think everyone in Los Angeles is crazy for this holiday. It's as if we all start palpitating over how fantastic the next four or five months will be. We looooove summer time!!!!!

So good bye June gloom and heeelllllooooo summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment