Monday, April 12, 2010

Gettin' Back!


This was the best weekend ever! Meg flew in town and helped me with Max all weekend. It was one of the best weekends I've ever had. I was able to sleep at night while she took over the night shift. And then with the extra rest I was able to exercise during the day. It was the most special time with Meggie and Max. That was the best kind of help because we were with the baby during the day. It is very difficult for me to be away from him for very long long. Thank you Meggie for understanding exactly what this new mommy needed to be a better person!!!

Yesterday was my first hike since the cesarean. We hiked runyon together while Meg carried Max in the moby wrap. On Sat. we took a nice walk along the Santa Monica bike path from where Marc plays volleyball to the Santa Monica pier. And then today I got a lot of rest and did 7 sets of Santa Monica stairs when Marc got home from work. I woke up terribly sore this morning after doing runyon yesterday, so climbing over 1000 steps was the way to work it out. Boy am I going to be sore tomorrow!

Other than that, I haven't been doing too much. My goal is to leave the house once a day and that seems to work out perfectly for us. It keeps me from getting cabin fever without overwhelming me with a large to do list. Because of course whenever I try to do to much it is always at the expense of resting.

Speaking of to-do lists, there are a few things that I need to do. I need to to professional newborn photographs. Since I haven't done that, I haven't sent out birth announcements. I really thought I was going to to that already, but if I don't get it done in the next few weeks I might just not do it.

I also need to trade my car in...The days of the cute little audi tt are nearing an end. That should be higher on my list of priorities because the stroller doesn't fit in my trunk, but it just isn't. It's a huge ordeal to go test drive cars because I can't bring Max with me. I can't leave him with a stranger at the car lot while I'm cruising around in a potentially new ride, and I certainly can't install a car seat in every car I test drive. So I have to wait for Marc to get home at night to get out. And then just because he's home and able to watch Max, it doesn't mean I have the energy to leave the house anyway. So far I have made it out to test drive lexus and the toyota prius. I still want to drive the audi a3 before making a decision. Who knows when I will get to that....

I also have some ridiculously cute decals to put up in Max's room, but of course I haven't done that either. I've done quite a few things in his room already, but it is going to look so cute when I get these animal decals up on the walls. We have a giraffe, some monkeys, and some kitties. I can't wait to get that stuff up, but I don't see that happening any time soon either.

Max is 7 weeks old today. He's already been to the movies, the zoo, and the beach. He even slept through his first earthquake. I took a survey and found out he is the happiest baby on the west coast. And since I have gotten more sleep in these past few days, I am a very happy mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment