Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcome to CLUB CRAP!

I took Max to have his pictures taken on Wed. so I could send out birth announcements to all of our family members. While the professional photographer was taking pictures, I was behind her taking some of my own. Cuuuuute!



He behaved very well and didn't even pee on the Picture People's blanket that was provided for the session. It went so well that I was raving about what a good boy I had. Not only did he refrain from peeing while his diaper was off, he was showing off his new talent of holding his head up, which made for even cuter pictures. I was a happy mommy knowing we were going to be able to send out my angel's birth announcements that would be nothing less than precious.

As I sat down to pick out which pictures I wanted to purchase, I realized something was a little "off". My front side felt a bit damp and I really wasn't sure if it was sweat. I was hot from carrying the baby and a little nervous taking Max out for so long. As silly as it may seem, I'm still a bit intimidated when trying to do diaper changes and breast feed in public. I know these are natural things and it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm just not used to it yet.

So as I lifted Max away from me to see what was on my shirt, I saw exactly what had happened. It was the diaper blow out of all diaper blow outs. Because I was holding Max up under his butt, when he went big potty it all squirted up the back side of his diaper, immediately soaking through his beautiful, polo onesie. I rushed into the bathroom and went to clean him up on the diaper changing table and realized it was way too disgusting to even lay him on that table. I also realized that if I were to pull the onesie off over his head, I would get poop all over his face and neck. Max started to cry at that point. I couldn't blame him. I wanted to cry with him. Poor baby.

I opened the door of the bathroom to see if anyone was close by to help me. After assessing the situation I thought I just needed to go to plan B and find a pair of scissors and cut his outfit off of him. But there was no one nearby to help me with that, and truthfully it would have made me sick to cut up the cutest outfit we have in his current size.

So, it was off to plan C. I turned on the water of the bathroom sink and preceded to bathe Max in his poop-infested clothing. He was just looking up at me the whole time with the most confused face. Even an 8 week old baby knows it's not natural to take a bath with your clothes on. Then when I got most of the crap off him I took his outfit off and wrapped him up in his blanket to dry him off.

Now, one thing I know is to pack an extra clean outfit for the baby, but what about an extra clean outfit for me? For the rest of the day I looked and smelled like crap. And when I got home, I did what any new mom would have done. Instead of taking a shower, I ate lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment